April 5, 2023

I Can’t do it

Psalm 66:16-17 “Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me. For I cried out to Him for help, praising Him as I spoke."

“I can’t do this,”I cried out. I felt my sister embrace me, holding me tightly. These are the words I spoke to her as we found out my daughter Katie was on life support. All those years of  a mother’s greatest fear had become true. I knew in my heart  I could not bear this reality. How could I live on when I could barely catch my breath? Little did I know how my reality hadn’t totally hit me. The reality would come after the shock wore off and my new reality would continue longer than most have patience for.

This journey we have found ourselves on has many twists and turns. The journey can take us to the highest peaks and the lowest of lows. It is in the time of the lowest of lows when we have to fall back on our faith in God. Only His promises give us the hope that we can find a way through and survive the very thing we thought would kill us. So what promises can we stand on?

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us-even the loss of a child ... Phil 4:13
He is always with us, even unto the end of the world - even after the death of our child ... Matt 28:20
The Lord can free us from life’s burdens - even the burden of loss ...  Psalm 34:19
He gives us strength to go on - even after the loss of our child ... Isa 40:29
Peace, He gives us - even after the death of a child ... John 14:27
He will supply all of our needs - even when we don’t know what we need ... Phil 4:19
He will show us  the way to live - even after our child is no longer here on earth ... John 14:26
He will help us cope - even when we feel the pressures of grief ... Psalm 16:11
He will make the impossible possible ... Mark 10:27
What we think will destroy us, the death of our child, will open ourselves up to knowledge and gifts we might never have learned.- maybe even a new purpose in life ... Romans 8:28
Happiness is found when we trust the Lord - even after the loss of our child ... Proverb16:20
He answers prayers - especially after the death of a child ... Matt 21:22

Dear precious mom, hold on to Him like never before.  
His promises are true.  In trusting in the Lord, even in my darkest days, I not only was able to survive Katie’s death, I thrived, and I found a new purpose in living. If God did that for me, He will do it for you.

Lord, I thought I couldn’t survive the loss of Katie, but with You all things are possible.
Michele