May 24, 2023

The Lord is on Our Side

Psalm 130:1-2 “From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer.” Oh those difficult times life throws at us. Sometimes we have those years when everywhere you turn, things just keep going from bad to worse. My husband and I had one of those times. We went through the loss of a business, the loss of our financial stability, and then we faced the worst of all, the loss or our daughter Katie! I felt like we were following in the footsteps of Job. I read Psalm 124 and see how grateful I am that we clung to our faith in the Lord. No problem is too difficult for Him. What if we had turned our back on Him? Psalm 124 describes what could have been our fate if we had chosen to walk away. We would have been swallowed alive in our burning anger. The waters of grief would have engulfed us. The raging waters of grief would have overwhelmed every part of our being. Make no mistake. In those early years, grief was hard, and we often felt outdone by what we faced, but we knew the Lord was on our side. We praised the Lord because He did not let the teeth of the evil one tear us apart. We escaped from his trap and we are free from the one who wanted to destroy us. We were not defeated, but we know we will endure forever. Lord, no wonder my heart is glad and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For You will not leave my soul among the dead, or allow Your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasure of living with You forever. – Michele