July 12, 2023

The Grave Speaks

Psalm 88:11 “Can those in the grave declare your unfailing love? Can they proclaim your faithfulness in the place of destruction?” Psalm 88 is written from a place of complete despair. This is a man who seems to be dealing with one thing after another. My husband and I went through a season like that. Just when we thought we had walked through the worst, the worst happened, the death of my daughter Katie. I remember feeling a little like Job. I felt like I had been thrown in the deepest pit. Yet as I prayed and read and cried out and cried out some more, I could feel the Lord raising me up. His faithfulness and unfailing love was revealed to me day in and day out. That feeling was so evident the day of my daughter’s funeral. Even in death, Katie’s love of life and love of others, was spoken in connection with her love of Christ. His love is what made Katie who she was. All could see God’s faithfulness in this place of destruction. As I have walked through what I thought would destroy me, I have found the Lord is faithful. From Katie’s grave, I have declared the Lord’s unfailing love for Katie and for me. So I will sing of His unfailing love forever! Young and old will hear of His faithfulness. His unfailing love will last forever. So yes, those in the grave can declare His unfailing love by how they lived, and then how we live after they are gone. Lord, I declare Your unfailing love in the land of the living . I pray when my life is over, others will see Your faithfulness in how I lived. – Michele