June 5, 2024

Out Of The Wilderness

Deuteronomy 8:2 “Remember how the Lord your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character and to find out whether or not you would obey His command.” The Israelites wandered through the desert for 40 years. Their travels took so long, mainly because of their lack of obedience. They were a stiff-necked people, who often complained about everything. Yet God met them at every turn. He provided manna when there was nothing for them to eat. In those forty years, their clothes never wore out and their feet never blistered or swelled. It has been twenty-seven years since Katie went home to be with the Lord. It has been quite the journey. I look back and I too had moments of doubt and complaining about this journey through this grief wilderness. Why me? What now? So many unanswered questions on how to walk through my life without my daughter in it. Yet each day I would know the only way to walk through this was to lean on the Lord. I have been so humbled to look back over those years and see how the Lord took care of me. I have so much to be thankful for. Yet, have I truly been thankful for all He has done, or do I take it all for granted? God has provided manna in His Word to feed my hungry soul and strengthen my aching heart. He has clothed me with His protection and given me the feet to move forward into the land of healing. I have found a land of plenty. This is not from anything I have done. It has been all Him. I praise Him and owe Him more than I could ever give for this life He has given me. Lord, I pray for those who are searching for a way out of the wilderness. I pray they turn to You. – Michele