February 2, 2022

He Passed By

Exodus 33:18 Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence.” Moses made a request to the Lord that He would show Moses His face. Moses was asking God for His assurance that He would be with them as he led the people to the promised land. God responded to Moses with compassion. He told Moses no one can see His face and live. He instructed Moses to stand near Him on a rock. Moses witnessed God’s glorious presence as He passed by. God covered Moses with His hand until He passed by. After God had passed by, Moses witnessed His glory from behind. We too cannot witness God as He is. We witness God where He has passed by. We see what He has done and who He is, often through others. 1 John 4:12, John writes, “No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and His love is brought to full expression in us.” God is revealed to us with His mercy, grace, compassion and faithfulness through others. I have had the privilege of witnessing my daughter, my father- in-law, my mom and dad, leave this earth and enter into Heaven. Those events have removed the fear of death from my spirit. I could not see God’s face, but I knew He had been there. His glorious presence filled the room and filled each person in the room. I have to say I have never felt a stronger presence of who He is than in those death bed experiences. The glory of the Lord is good. It is His very nature and I have seen Him pass by. Lord, Moses wanted to see Your glory. You told Moses, “I will personally go with you and I will give you rest - everything will be fine with you.” Lord, I too have seen your glorious presence. – Michele