August 6, 2026

Love Never Leaves

July 2 is the last day I was able to hold my daughter. That was twenty-nine years ago. Not a single day has gone by without her living in my heart. The pain of this loss has never left me; it has just changed its shape. Over the years my tears have changed into being grateful and I have found peace in my soul. I feel so blessed, not because of my loss but because I was chosen to be her mom. Her life, even though it was only seventeen years, has changed me forever. Love has no expiration date and our bond will never be broken. The Lord carried me through days of darkness. Days I never thought I could survive. He gave me strength when I had none and hope when my heart was broken. I have learned that blessings can exist alongside grief. One does not erase another. I thank the Lord everyday for the moments I had with her. I hold onto every memory and I hold on to the promise that we will be reunited. Twenty nine years later I still miss her, but I am filled with gratitude. Her life continues to shine in my life. I will always be her mom and she will always be one of my biggest blessings in my life. Thank you, Lord, for making me Katie’s mom. Even though I only had her seventeen years, it was worth every minute. – Michele