April 11, 2024

Thank You Jesus.......

As I looked down, my breath caught, and I was immersed in a moment I wanted to stay immersed in. What I saw were the glowing embers of a campfire, still intensely brilliant, still embracing my own spirit. And yet, in my hand, was only a small votive candle, its singular flame signifying my commitment before God, before others, and before the daughter I believed was watching from Heaven, to be the light of her remembrance that could still impact the lives of others. The flame represented Tonia’s light of influence fusing with my own light of influence to give Hope and assurance to others in their own brokenness, that the God who knows and sees, the God of all wisdom and capability, He loves, He cares, and He gives. The burning embers shouted my privilege, and my spirit shouted my gratitude that God would give me such a privilege, literally, beauty from the ashes of tragedy. Thank You, Jesus.......... My thoughts in that moment also reflected words I wrote years ago....... “This light” represented my child. “This light” captured the eternality of my child, an eternality I am still able to embrace here on earth, and an eternality I will embrace forever in Heaven. My child may have died physically, but she is very much alive within my own life, very much alive as her memory continually speaks to me in thousands of ways, and very much alive as I love and as I give compassion. It is an eternality I will not allow Satan to snuff out, but rather an eternality that has become a light to still others who walk the journey of grief. I long for that light to shine, brilliantly and profusely, until Jesus comes to reunite me with my child. And within that reunion, I will be even more aware than I am today, that the only reason my light could shine, was because of Jesus. He is the one who brings light into the darkness of grief, and He is the one who allows the brevity of life to find purpose and meaning, even as His arms of compassion bring comfort. Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. "You are the light of the world – like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Let it shine til Jesus comes. I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine til Jesus comes. I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine til Jesus comes. I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. — Bev (Related Bible reading: John 8:12; 2 Corinthians 4: 6; 2 Corinthians 1:3,4; Matthew 5:14,15) ...