November 1, 2018

Thoughts Under the Umbrella

Let us praise the Lord for all He has done this very day and give thanks for His love that endures.

I thank You, Lord, for showing us the way in our growing pains.
I thank You, Lord, for those who come to us without hope only to have their hope restored.
I thank You for those who come to us angry and bitter only to leave feeling free to let go of both.
I thank You Lord for the second chances You give when marriages have been broken because of the pain of loss.  
I thank You for the women who have defeated fear, only to share their broken hearts and have found their courage.
I thank You, Lord, for the children who changed our lives in birth and in death.
I thank You, Lord, for all the miracles, big and small, we will witness this very day and for the miracles we won’t see until Heaven. 
I thank You for answered prayers.
I thank You for showing us Your power, the silver lining in life’s biggest battles.

Ann Voskamp, the author of The Broken Way and A Thousand Blessings, shares how her life changed when she started being thankful in her battles. When we realize life is a gift even in the battle, we will not squander another minute. We will live life to the fullest. So what do we do when we feel powerless in our battles? We count our blessings and, like Ann said, we will turn thanksgiving into thanks living.  Our children are one of our biggest gifts that have been given to us. They have inspired us to keep moving forward. They have inspired us to share our stories of hope. Hope is what gets us up in the morning to know we can face life’s challenges with thanksgiving, knowing the battle is not ours but the Lord’s. The battles are coming; we will face many of them as long as we have breath in our lungs. Mother Teresa, from the depths of the ghetto wrote, “There is such terrible darkness within me, as if everything was dead… I do not know how deeper this trial will go - how much pain and suffering it will bring to me. This does not worry me anymore. I leave this to Him as I leave everything else… let Him do with me whatever He wants for as long as He wants, if my darkness is light to some soul.” Your struggles and victories will be a light to someone you meet today. Your life is a gift. You are a gift. Gifts are meant to be given. This day be a gift to someone who is looking for hope then offer them some of yours.

Lord, as women our attitude makes all the difference in the battles. Let us show others that in praising God through our challenges a problem can become a blessing.

                                                                                    – Michele